Here’s what we learned from Saturday’s three Super Wild Card Weekend games.
- Buffalo Bills 27, Indianapolis Colts 24
- Los Angeles Rams 30, Seattle Seahawks 20
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31, Washington Football Team 23
1) Super Wild Card Weekend kicked off with a tense, tight, fairly exciting bout in Buffalo that ended with white knuckles because the Bills held on for his or her first playoff win and ride to the Divisional Round due to the fact 1995. Josh Allen positioned a stamp on his All-Pro season, making dart throw after dart throw to thwart a stellar Colts defense. Allen’s cap potential to conjure magic, get away the strain and throw from any platform become on show Saturday as he compiled 324 passing yards on 26 of 35 tries with TDs. Allen’s patience, taking smooth throws towards Colts zones, saved drives alive. The clever tosses have been complemented with large splash performs whilst he had time. Allen went 5-of-6 with a TD on passes past 20-plus air-yards. The QB’s overall performance become a continuation of what we would visible all season from the younger star. Allen has a rocket arm, can flick throws without difficulty all around the discipline, and run via opponents (main the Bills at the floor with fifty four yards and a TD on eleven totes). His lone mistake on the stop of the sport got here with a fumble because the Bills have been seeking to milk the clock. Luckily Buffalo recovered and held on, or it might were any other heartbreaker for Allen withinside the playoffs. One large distinction this yr from final season’s wild-card crumble towards Houston become Allen had Stefon Diggs to visit in key spots. The league’s pinnacle receiver sored beyond a Colts protection designed to sluggish him. When Allen wanted a key play withinside the 2nd 1/2 of, there has been Diggs swooping in for a large catch. Diggs completed with six catches for 128 yards and a TD. The 35-backyard streaking rating stretched the Bills’ cause 14 factors early withinside the fourth zone and helped permit Buffalo to snap their streak of six playoff losses.
2) The stop of the primary 1/2 of modified the complexion of the contest. Philip Rivers drove the Colts right all the way down to your step past due withinside the 2nd zone, main 10-7. Indy had 4 performs in the 4-backyard-line. On fourth down, Frank Reich opted to move for the TD. Rivers could not hook up with a diving Michael Pittman withinside the nook of the stop zone. Instead of a 17-7 or 13-7 deficit, Buffalo were given its risk to turn the script. Allen related with rookie WR Gabriel Davis on a pair near sideline bombs that have been natural magic from the QB. Buffalo drove ninety one yards on 10 performs in 1:32 to attain the go-in advance TD and take a lead it might by no means relinquish. Also getting the ball after 1/2 of, the Bills marched for a discipline goal. It become a chain of activities that altered the relaxation of the epic bout.
1) The Rams remain perfect under Sean McVay when leading at halftime. L.A. sprinted out to a 20-10 lead at the break and pulled away in the fourth quarter thanks to a defense that smothered Seattle, holding the Seahawks to 28 net yards on their first five second-half possessions as the Rams built a three-score lead. L.A’s offense pounded the rock, and Jared Goff avoided the catastrophic mistake as the Rams took the season’s rubber match. Goff took over on the second drive of the game when starter John Wolford took a shot to the head by Seahawks safety Jamal Adams. Wolford suffered a neck injury on the play and later was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons. Goff recently had three pins inserted into a broken thumb suffered against these Seahawks in Week 16. At times you could tell the QB was playing with a broken digit, with the ball wobbling and fluttering out. Completing 9 of 19 passes, for 155 yards and a TD, Goff wasn’t efficient. But no one should have expected him to be, considering the circumstances. You have to credit the signal-caller for gutting through the situation and sending his team to the Divisional Round. It’s impressive he was able to play at all. The question moving forward is how Goff’s thumb reacts and Wolford’s health after the crushing hit. McVay told reporters after the game
2) Facing a team whose starting quarterback was sent to the hospital, it’s backup playing with a barely functional throwing thumb, and top defender (Aaron Donald) sidelined most of the second half with a rib injury, Seattle laid an egg. The Seahawks offense got mauled by a great L.A. defense. Russell Wilson was befuddled, under pressure, and he missed passes left and right. The Seahawks’ passing game got next to nothing done outside of broken plays, and there was zero flow and less cohesiveness until the contest was out of reach. Wilson finished 11 of 27 for 174 yards, two TDs, and he threw a game-changing pick-six in the first half. The offense, which had struggled for weeks to move the ball consistently fell apart in the postseason. Seattle compiled just 278 total yards, 11 first downs and didn’t record a first down on seven of 14 possessions. What was once a promising season for Wilson deteriorated. Fittingly, the Seahawks season ended on Wilson’s fifth sack of the day.
to read more click here
Watch your favourite sport here